Sunday, October 17, 2010

BP9_Freemind

My task was to create a concept map of 8th grade language arts, as a beginning piece to receiving race to the top funding in our state.  I chose to use Freemind as my preferred tool.  I would highly recommend this to anyone trying to accomplish this task.  The ease of use, and product finalization are worth every second of effort that you will put into a concept map.  Taking the time to learn all of the features of Freemind, will benefit you in the long run.  There are several help sections that will guide you in your learning.  Me, I just like to fiddle with things until I figure them out.  This is what I did with this program.  I was able to figure out how to create the concept bubbles pretty quick, and adding subtopics was just a matter of clicking the insert button on a windows keyboard!  As I am working on this as my practical experience also, I will be posting stages of my development in future blog posts.  

1 comment:

  1. This was a great find Craig!! I would not be able to utilize it in my classroom too much now, however, I will definitely be bookmarking it. My dream is to be a 4th grade teacher and introducing them to concept maps will be a great benefit. Students get hit with a lot of state tests and having these extra tools in their mind will be great!

    ReplyDelete